Call for papers for Theology Symposium
Wednesday November 16, 2011
St Patrick's College in Maynooth invites post graduate researchers in theology to submit papers for the international Theology Symposium which will take place from 6th until 9th June 2012, several days before the 50th International Eucharistic Congress.
In preparation for the Congress, St Patrick’s College will host an international theology symposium in Maynooth to examine the status questionis of the ecclesiology of communion, a theme which lay at the heart of the Second Vatican Council.
St Patrick's College invites papers which explore the theological sources, development, reception and future horizons on the ecclesiology of communion. Active post graduate researchers or researchers who received a doctorate in the past three years are invited to submit papers.
The theme of the symposium suggests various approaches among which are:
• The ecclesiology of communion: biblical perspectives
• The ecclesiology of communion in a contemporary Systematic Theology.
• Moral theology in the light of ecclesiology of communion.
• The reception of the Second Vatican Council in subsequent Magisterial teaching.
• Communion and the Eucharist: new perspectives on the sacraments
• Ecumenical possibilities and tasks involved in receiving and living the Ecclesiology of Communion.
• Communion and Mission: evangelisation in the face of global politics.
• Communion and Creation
• Communion in a world of individuals
• Communion in the writings of Twentieth Century theologians
• The limits and challenges of an ecclesiology of communion.
Paper summaries of approximately 20 minutes will be presented in parallel emerging scholars’ sessions during the symposium.
Applications to present a paper should be sent to Mary McCaughey by 6th January 2012. Successful contributors will be notified by 10th February 2012.
Find out more about the call for papers for the international theology symposium.